Steps We Are Taking to Keep You Safe
In these uncertain times, your safety is our utmost concern. You may be hesitant to seek medical care, but rest assured that we are uniquely positioned to deliver high-quality care while minimizing exposure to infection.
Our Endoscopy Center is a controlled space, staffed by providers who understand and have experience in managing infection and disease. Providing exceptional infection control precautions is simply a daily way of life for us.
Please be aware that we are taking further steps to ensure your safety and comfort.
Step 1: Our Patients
- We are taking extra precautions to pre-screen patients prior to their arrival at the center. All patients will be tested for COVID-19 with a nasopharyngeal swab 3-5 days before their procedure. We will order these tests through Hartford Healthcare. We are rescheduling any patient who tests positive or does not meet our strict health guidelines.
- Patients will need to wear a protective covering over the nose and mouth, such as bandana, scarf or homemade mask.
- When the patient arrives, call 203-292-0000 and a staff member will come to the door to escort the patient into the building. The patients will be advised to use hand sanitizer prior to entering. All patients will have their temperature and oxygen level checked PRIOR TO entry.
- Patient escorts will be asked to wait in their cars during procedures unless they are needed to answer questions. They will be called to pick up the patient at the designated pick-up zone and will be given discharge instructions then.
- If a patient escort needs to enter the center, they must undergo the same health screening patients will be subject to and follow all applicable center safety measures.
- All Center staff will undergo daily temperature and oxygen level checks and be screened for symptoms of illness.
- Clinical and business staff will wear surgical masks at all times.
- Social distancing measures have been implemented. This includes:
- limiting the number of patients in the center at any given time
- spacing out chairs so they are at least six feet apart in the waiting area
- minimizing patient touchpoints
- Visitors will be prohibited unless absolutely necessary.
- We follow nationally recommended best practices to keep our centers clean and safe.
- Only EPA-registered cleaning products are used, and waiting areas are cleaned at least twice a day. This includes high touch surfaces such as chair arms, doorknobs, tabletops, countertops, handles, sinks and faucets.
- We clean every procedure room both before and after every patient. In addition, we clean all of our public areas throughout the day and are minimizing traffic in those areas.
- Tissues and sanitizer will be available near the front desk.
Our cleaning procedures adhere to the most stringent Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations and are regularly reviewed by both CMS (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services) and our accreditation organizations (Joint Commission).